The commission is a COMCOF (Commissions, Committees and Federations) of the International Union of Microbiological Societies (IUMS) and established in 1990.
The aims of the Commission are
- to improve and standardise methods for isolation, enumeration and identification of fungi in foods;
- to promote studies of the mycological ecology of foods and commodities;
- to interact with regulatory bodies, both national and international, concerning standards for mycological quality in foods and commodities;
- to support regional initiatives in this area.
The Commission further aims to extend understanding of the principles and methodology of food mycology in the scientific community by publishing its findings, and by sponsoring meetings, specialist workshops, courses and sessions dealing with aspects of its work.
Microbial spoilers in food, 28-30 June 2017- Quimper France
The challenge of this new edition of “Microbial Spoilers In Food” will be to gather scientists, food quality and production managers and project leaders in food innovation to exchange knowledge and experience on this specific topic.
This symposium will focus on
Biodiversity of microbial food spoilers
Physiology and metabolism of Spoiler microorganisms
Characterization methodologies, enumeration methods for quality indicators
How to fight super spoilers?
- visit http://www.spoilers2017.com/
The 2016 International workshop on Foodmycology was sponsored by BCN labs and IUMS