The International Commision of Penicillium and Aspergillus is organizing a workshop on Food and Airborne fungi.
- Date: 16.-18. Oct. 2020 (after IUMS 2020 congress).
- Place: National Institute of Agricultural Science Jeonju, Korea (bus shuttle from IUMS venue Daejeon to Jeonju).
- Attendance: max. 40 persons (placement on order of application received).
- Language instructions: mainly English, but some Asian language used.
- Entry fee: 400 USD/person (The fee includes the textbook Food and Indoor Fungi by Rob Samson et al., 2 days accommodations and 1 dinner & 2 lunches).
- Instructors: Robert A. Samson, Jos Houbraken (Netherlands, Westerdijk Fungal Biodiversity Institute), Jens C. Frisvad (Denmark Technical Univ.), Takashi Yaguchi (Japan, Chiba Univ.), Amanda Chen (China, Moon Biotech Ltd), Cobus Visage (South Africa, Univ. Pretoria), Vit Hubuka (Czech Academy of Science), Seung-Beom Hong (Korea, National Institute of Agricultural Science).
- Hosts: National Institute of Agricultural Science (NAS), ICPA (International Commission of Penicillium and Aspergillus).
The course ‘Food and Indoor Fungi’ focuses on the classical detection and identification methods of food and airborne fungi including Aspergillus, Penicillium, Paecilomyces, Talaromyces etc. A hands-on training will be taught in phenotype based identification of common food- and air-borne contaminants
Friday, 16 October
12:00 Beom Hong Move to NAS, Lunch (Group movement by bus)
13:00 Beom Hong Welcome and general introduction
14:00 Robert Samson Introduction to the taxonomy of the food and airborne fungi
15:00 Jos Houbraken Detection, isolation and identification of food and airborne fungi
16:30 Jens Frisvad Mycotoxins and other safety aspects of food and airborne fungi
17:30 Workshop Dinner (Hanok Village)
Day 2. Saturday, 17 October
8:00 Beom, Cobus Taxonomy of Aspergillus
9:00 Beom, Cobus, Takashi, Rob Hands on training: Aspergillus
14:00 Jos Houbraken Taxonomy of Penicillium, Talaromyces and Paecilomyces
15:00 Jos, Cobus, Amanda, Rob Hands on training: Penicillium, Talaromyces and Paecilomyces
Day 3. Sunday, 17 October
8:00 Jos Houbraken Molecular based identification of Fungi
9:00 Jos, Vit, Takashi, Rob Hands on training: Common food and airborne fungi
12:00 Closure and general remarks